Friday 29 April 2011

Rape, Hard to Spell

Sacred disembowelment
You thief!
I wanted to be your goddess.
How sad that I still stand now, alone as strong women often
Doze, lightly.
I find myself torn from the manly breast of
The papery folds of origami society
Delicately bound
By idle chitchat and soft vibrant sunlight flickering
Swarmed in the blue velvet seat covers.
I wanted greatness.
I am unable.
We wished once that our skinned hides were tanned like animals.
We dreamed that our safety was not in dependency of another.
I imagined myself to be invulnerable.
Not within
Vulnerable.
After all, this is this year, what silly worries you carry my dear.
That sort of thing won’t happen anymore.
Not to this common place whore.
Safe. Clearly.  From those whom otherwise found pale to medium or dark skin delighting.
In-discriminatory taste;
You shant be picky when you pray upon the weak.
Weak?
What a lie!
There is no victim in a crime kept shushed.
I’ve swept, like mother dearest, these dirty stains
Like table tops,
Wiped twice with damp wet sponge cakes.
Lifted the carpet, like some snickery deviant
And hidden this welt of flustering dust beneath the rouge folds of insecurity.
Not once have I found the mirror a safe place.
She teases, finger-paints her makeup smear and cackles.
How cruel, how ugly.
We only have each other! Yet still alone.
I doze, safe, as always.
Because these kinds of things don’t happen anymore.
Not to me, anyways.
And I haven’t the time to care about the rest.
                                                            RH Carew

Actually, don't know how i feel about this one. it needs editing. PLEASE input input.

No comments:

Post a Comment